- Adjustable to client’s working environment
- Cost-effective in handling material up to 20 tons
- Multi-powering methods available
- Free standing or Wall mounted model
A jib crane is an overhead lifting device that moves product within the radius of its arm span. This makes jib cranes ideal for applications requiring repetitive movements of material across short distances. They are especially good for moving loads in an arc around a workstation. And since jib cranes save space by using a facility’s existing structures as supports, they can be very cost-effective.
- All units are available with manual or powered trolleys and hoists
- Choose from standard models for basic requirements or custom designs that go above and beyond to meet more unique material handling needs
Carney is always happy to discuss how a custom jib crane can offer the perfect solution for your lifting applications.
Carney Fabricating offers many models of the Jib Crane, and each of them (P, P-BQ, P-SB, WB or BQ) has its own advantage in different settings.
Free Standing Jib Cranes are used under large bridge cranes, in open areas where they can serve several workstations. You can also overlap them with other jibs to provide staged operation.
Free Standing (P, P-BQ, P-SB):
Wall-mounted jib cranes use structurally adequate walls or columns as their support. See image (WB, BQ):
- Provide effective lifting coverage to supplement an overhead crane system or for a series of overlapping work cells.
To learn more, please feel free to contact us.
- Capacities: up to 20 tons
- Spans: up to 25 feet
- Rotation: up to 30°
- Weight capacity: up to 10 tons
- Fit: Chain / Wire rope hoists
- Form: Free standing/wall mounted
- Configuration: Normal/Low headroom
- Designed with minimum 3:1 Safety Factor from yield, plus an impact factor of 5:1 from ultimate tensile strength.
- Custom designs available to accommodate unique applications
- Free Standing Utility Jib
- Free Standing Base Plate Mounted
- Wall Bracket Tie Rod Style
- Wall Bracket Cantilever Style
- Customization available
Signature Jib Cranes
High Capacity Multi-Purpose Jib Cranes
Jib cranes are effective methods of repeatedly moving heavy items quickly and cost-effectively from one workstation to another. A variety of Jib Crane options can be designed to suit the specific needs or layout of your facility.
Free Standing/Top Collar Utility Jib Cranes: No foundation required when installing with an epoxy and anchor system.
Free Standing Base Plate Mounted Jib Cranes: Anchored to a concrete foundation, these Jibs do not require building structural supports. Optional 360° rotation