Carney Fabricating manufactures a wide range of single or multi-point lifting beams, ranging from simple to complex 4 point h-beams or load balancing lifting solutions. Our standard beams are durable, customizable, cost-effective, and can drastically enhance your cranes lifting capabilities.
Types of Lifting Beams
A lifting beam is one of the most used below-the-hook lifting devices attached to a hoist or crane hook. Lifting beams are equipped with a horizontal spanned support structure containing a minimum of two to four points for a variety of rigging equipment, including load pins, shackles, swivel hooks, and lings.
Lifting beams have a center balanced lifting point, commonly referred to as a bail or lifting bail. At Carney Fabricating, our lifting bails are sized to match your crane hook dimensions, size, hook style, and type. The inside bail opening is also chamfered and machined to take out sharp and squared edges. This helps reduce the possibility of premature crane/hoist hook damage.
- Extensive library of standard designs for a multitude of applications
- Capacities from 500-100,000 lbs
- Beams can span from 2 to 30 feet on our standard models
- Adjustable hook positions can be set in 3’’, 6” or 10” increments
- Low headroom designs maximize available space to give you optimal lifting space
- Easy to use
- Fast delivery
- Customization available
- Standard lifting beam
- Short span triangular lifting beam
- Adjustable lifting beam
- FIBC sack lifting beam
- 4-Point lifting beam
- Rigging components: swivel hooks, slings, anchor bolt shackles, magnets
- Beam feet or built-in legs / stands
- Lifting bails to match crane/hoistlegs/stands styles
- Two lifting bails for a dual crane or hoist hook applications
- Parking stand
Carney Fabricating is Proud to Supply Standard And Custom-Built Lifting Solutions to Suit Your Needs
Lifting beams are similar to spreader beams in that they enable a crane to lift and transport loads. The main difference is that lifting beams are better for narrower loads and work environments with low headroom. In addition to their more common uses, every beam also comes with easy and efficient handling of industrial forklift batteries.
These beams can lift your loads safely and keep them level using single or multiple attachment points. They are also compatible with many different under-hook attachments. The multi-point beams provide a lifting solution capable of many different lifts in one easy-to-use package, making them a cost-effective alternative to many other standard fixed beams.